Practical support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic conditions to better manage their condition and improve their overall health and wellbeing
Wellness Our Way program provides practical support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living with chronic health conditions or long term illness. Including but not limited to; diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease or chronic renal disease.
Continuing the work of the ‘Closing the Gap’ program Wellness Our Way take a team approach to support you in accessing medical care, providing you with ongoing encouragement and increasing your access to other, culturally appropriate, health and community services.
Wellness Our Way can support you to:
- Better understand your chronic condition and what it means for you
- Access medication and follow GP treatment plans
- Get to your appointments; including help with transport and support during your appointment
- Access required medical equipment
- Connect to other community supports who can provide assistance to improve your mental and physical health
Wellness Our Way aims to help you better manage your chronic condition or long term illness so that you can live a longer, healthier life.
How to access:
Wellness Our Way is a free support program so speak to your doctor today about making an appointment with Country & Outback Health and they will complete a referral for you.
Wellness Our Way is a free service.
Port Augusta, Whyalla, Upper Eyre Peninsula and Outback
This service has been made possible by funding and support from Country SA PHN (CSAPHN)