Country & Outback Health’s extensive primary mental health footprint extends throughout regional and remote South Australia. Our team is continuing to grow, and this exciting opportunity will give the right candidate the opportunity to make a difference to our communities.
About the role:
- The ITC Aboriginal Outreach Worker will encourage and provide practical support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic diseases to access health services and help to ensure that services are culturally competent.
- Provide practical assistance to identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic disease to access services and attend appointments (including GP care planning, follow-up care, specialist services and community pharmacies.
- Distribute information/resources to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities about services that are available to/for them and encourage them to use primary health care services in their region.
- Experience in a similar setting is desirable
- Strong connection to the community required
- Cert III or IV Aboriginal Health or Community Services & Health is an added advantage
- National Police Check and Department for Human Services Child-Related Employment Screening
What’s in it for you?
- A supportive working environment
- A competitive salary in recognition of your qualifications and experience
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary packaging options to increase your take home pay
Applications close 7th August 2020
For more information please contact Shaun Rieck, General Health Manager on 8643 5600.
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, people with lived experience and people with disabilities.