headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
About the role:
- headspace Port Augusta is seeking a motivated and experience registered General Practitioner with an interest in youth mental health to join our multidisciplinary team to facilitate a fortnightly clinic for young people.
- Working as a member of the headspace team offers GPs the opportunity to provide youth friendly medical services and mental health treatment planning to young people as part of a collaborative and holistic model of care.
- In order to be eligible for this exciting role, International Medical Graduates are required to hold post graduate qualifications in General Practice (i.e. FRACGP, FRNZCGP, MRCGP, MICGP or CCFP)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- National Police Check and Department of Human Services Child-Related Employment Screening
What’s in it for you?
- A supportive working environment
- A competitive salary in recognition of your qualifications and experience
- Continuing Professional Development in the field of youth mental health
- Access to specialist Psychiatric support
- Flexibility within hours and days worked
- Support from the headspace National Office GP Advisor
Applications close Monday 3 February 2020
For more information please contact Rachel Faulkner, Assistant Manager, Youth Programs on 0439 877 037.
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, people with lived experience and people with disabilities.
To learn more about headspace and our team please visit: www.headspace.org.au/headspace-centres/port-augusta