PARTNERS IN RECOVERY
Partners in Recovery (PIR) is a Commonwealth Government (Department of Health) initiative aiming to better support people with severe and persistent mental illness and complex needs, and their carers and families, by connecting them more effectively with the services and supports they need..
PIR clients usually are between 25 years to 64 years. People outside this age range will be considered on an individual basis.
- PIR Provides holistic and individualised care for people experiencing severe and persistent mental illness and have complex needs.
- PIR Support Facilitators work with clients to identify their needs and goals. An action plan is developed to link the client to suitable services.
Information for Carers and Families
CObH PIR recognises how important carers and families are to the recovery of people with severe mental illness. Where agreed to by the client, PIR Support Facilitators will try to involve families and carers as:
- Evidence shows that improvements are greater where families and carers are involved.
- Families and carers can help in the development of individually tailored recovery plans
- Families and carers can help implement recovery plans
- They can be connected with relevant support, information and services
PIR Support Facilitators help to link families and carers to the services involved in the care of people using the PIR service. Carers and family members are treated with respect. Their perspectives and need for information, education, skill development and support is also recognised.
For more information on NDIS click below:
PIR Consortium Partners
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.